CORRELATION OF REARING SYSTEMS AND BEEF CATTLE PROFILES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BEEF CATTLE IN TANJUNG JATI SUB-DISTRICT

Andhika Putra, Deni Prayogo, Tengku Gilang Pradana

Abstract


Abstract:  This study aims to determine the relationship between Body Condition Score (BCS) and Service Per Conception (S/C) and Calving Interval (CI) for PO Crossing Cattle in Tanjung Jati Village. The sample used was 44 female Ongole crossbreed (PO) cows. The method used in this research is a case study, data collection is done primary and secondary. The variables observed are Body Condition Score (BCS), Service Per Conception (S/C) and Calving Interval (CI). The results of this study indicate the regression equation. The relationship between Body Condition Score (BCS) (X) and Service Per Conception (S/C) (Y) has a regression equation Y = 2.300-0.041X. This means that by increasing the Body Condition Score (BCS) by 1 point, the Service Per Conception (S/C) value will decrease by 0.041%. The coefficient of determination (R2) is 50.9%, meaning that this value indicates that the Body Condition Score (BCS) contributes 50.9% to the value of Service Per Conception (S/C). The relationship between Body Condition Score (BCS) (X) and Caliving Interval (CI) (Y) has a regression equation Y = 1.955-0.041X, which means that for every additional Body Condition Score (BCS) of 1 point, the Calving Interval (CI) will decrease by 55.6%, with a coefficient of determination (R2) of 55.6% meaning that the Body Condition Score (BCS) contributes 55.6% to the Calving Interval (CI) while the remaining 44.4% comes from other factors.

Keywords: Ongole crossbreed cattle, Body Condition Score (BCS), Service Per Conception (S/C) and Calving Interval (CI).


Full Text:

PDF

References


Bormann, J. M., Totir, L. R., Kachman, S. D., Fernando, R. L., & Wilson, D. E. (2006). Pregnancy rate and first-service conception rate in Angus heifers. Journal of animal science, 84(8), 2022-2025.

Hadi, P. U. dan N. Ilham. 2002. Problem Dan Prospek Pengembangan Usaha Pembibitan Sapi Potong Di Indonesia. Jurnal Litbang

Iswoyo and P. Widiyaningrum. 2008. Reproductive Performance of Simmental Crossbreeds (PSM) Resulting from Artificial Insemination in Sukaharjo Regency. Central Java.

Ihsan, M.N. 2010. Indeks Fertilitas Sapi PO dan Persilangannya Dengan Limousin. Jurnal Ternak Tropika Vol. 11, No.2: 82-87.

Marisa, J., and Sitepu, SA 2018. Increased Revenues in Beef Cattle Business in Hamlet I Kelambir V Village in Hamparan Perak Sub-District Deli Serdang Regency. Journal of Scientific Transfer, 1(1), 54-57.

Nuryadi and S. Wahjuningsih. 2011. Reproductive Performance of Ongole and Limousin Crossbreeds in Malang Regency. Tropical Livestock Journal 12(1) : 76-81.

Putra, A., Rusdhi, A., & Gunawan, F. (2021, March). Penentuan bobot badan sapi Peranakan Ongole (PO) jantan berdasarkan profil body condition score (BCS) di Kecamatan Hamparan Perak Kabupaten Deli Serdang. In Scenario (Seminar of Social Sciences Engineering and Humaniora) (pp. 80-91).

Rasad, 2009. Evaluation of Dairy Cow's Reproductive Appearance. UNSRAT Research

Journal. Vol 40 No 2.

Reswati. Jaswandi and E. Nurdin. 2014. Reproductive Performance of Dairy Cattle in West Sumatra. Indonesian Animal Husbandry Journal. Vol 16

Sitepu, SA, and Zaituni, U. 2018. Improved quality of frozen boer goat semen with the addition of sweet orange essential oil on tris yolk and gentamicin extender. In IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (Vol. 122, No. 1, p. 012125). IOP Publishing.

Sitepu, SA, and Zaituni, U. 2018. Improved quality of frozen boer goat semen with the addition of sweet orange essential oil on tris yolk and gentamicin extender. In IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (Vol. 122, No. 1, p. 012125). IOP Publishing.

Winugroho, M. 2002. Strategi Pemberian Pakan Tambahan Untuk Memperbaiki Efisiensi Reproduksi Induk Sapi. Balai Penelitian Ternak. Jurnal litbang pertanian 21 (1); 19-23.


Article Metrics

Abstract view : 14 times
PDF – 14 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2023 PROSIDING UNIVERSITAS DHARMAWANGSA

Prosiding Universitas Dharmawangsa Terindex pada:

PROSIDING SEMINAR NASIONAL DAN INTERNASIONAL PUBLISHED BY :

UPT. Penerbitan dan Publikasi Ilmiah
UNIVERSITAS DHARMAWANGSA

Alamat : Jl. K. L. Yos Sudarso No. 224 Medan
Kontak : Tel. 061 6635682 - 6613783  Fax. 061 6615190
Surat Elektronik : ppi@dharmawangsa.ac.id

 

 Creative Commons License

Prosiding Seminar Nasional dan Internasional By Universitas Dharmawangsa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at
 https://proceeding.dharmawangsa.ac.id/index.php/PSND/index